Saturday, October 10, 2009

R.I.P. - Cardinals 2009 season

Dodgers-CardinalsThe Redbirds' season came to an inglorious end today as the Dodgers put the final nail in the coffin, taking three in a row. A best-of-five series, and not one lousy win to show for it. For us Cardinal fans, it's a disappointing finish to what was a very promising year.

I know it's just a game, and from the perspective of eternity, who won the Division Series in 2009 doesn't really matter. But still, at our house we (at this point, at least Robyn and I) enjoy rooting for the Cardinals and it's impossible not to feel let down when they lose after getting this far.

The funny thing is, when I was kid, I was one of the biggest fans the Dodgers ever had. I can still remember the names of the starters from the 1977 team. But, my baseball blood went from blue to red not long after our family moved to the St. Louis area. I caught Cardinal fever in the mid-80's when they went to the World Series twice (alas, only to lose both times). And ever since then they've been my team.

Now that their season is finished, I wonder how things are going to shape up for 2010?


 



No comments: