Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A "dreadful" occurence

I wrote a few weeks ago about our early-morning unwelcome visitor. Ever since then, we've been a tad paranoid about strange noises and such. Last night, Robyn was certain she kept hearing suspicious noises in the house while she was downstairs. I heard nothing, because I had earphones on while I studied. She came up to speak to me about the sounds she was hearing.

As we talked over what or who may be making the sounds, we heard a blood-curdling scream coming from Meredith and Maggie's room. I started running towards the room, having no idea what I might find there. Just after I took off, though, Meredith shot out of the room yelling with all the decibels her forty pound body could muster. She was shouting, "Maggie threw up on me, Maggie threw up on me!"

Yes, Maggie threw up all over Meredith. I'll spare you the disgusting details, but both girls needed a shower afterwards. For some reason, probably because she's been listening non-stop to "Little Women" for the last month, Meredith sometimes speaks like she's from the 1800's. So, amid her crying and screaming, she said things like "Mommy, it's dreadful!", and "I always feared this would happen to me!". Later, she apologized to Robyn for giving her "such a fright."

Ah, the joys of parenthood. We've got one sick child, and if history is any guide, we'll have four sick children and at least one sick adult before it's all over. I just hope there is a little less drama when it happens.

No comments: