Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Anniversary

Eight years ago today, Robyn and I exchanged wedding vows and began our married life together. Since then, we've gone from the two of us living in a basement apartment in Pennsylvania to six of us living in a two-story home in Alaska. Along the way we've made stops in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma. God has blessed us these past eight years.

According to Proverbs 31, "an excellent wife", which my wife is, should have her works "praise her in the gates." Since I cannot locate the city gates of Wasilla in which to praise my wife and her works, I will do so in the "cyber-gates". For eight years of marriage, here are eight reasons why I love and appreciate my wife:

1. She is fun to be with.

2. She is a great encourager during tough times.

3. She is very forgiving of my faults.

4. She prays for me and my ministry.

5. Since we've been married, she's morphed from having no interest in sports to becoming a major Cardinals fan. Watching or playing golf is still out of the question at this point, however.

6. She is a fantastic cook.

7. She was willing to relocate to Alaska (and, she wants me to go fishing!).

8. Most important of all, she is more devoted to Christ than she is to me.

Proverbs asks, "an excellent wife who can find?" Here's to my "excellent" wife on our anniversary!

No comments: